I was recently and quite unexpectedly nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award by craftcrazygran.
I have been associated with many terms in my life but up to now lovely is not one of them. The nomination so astonished me that it has taken this long to respond.
So I need to:
- Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post;
- Pop the award up on my blog;
- Write down seven random facts about myself and
- Give the award to (up to 15) other bloggers and notify them of the award.
Craftcrazygran hails from South Africa and has tried every craft except sewing money into garments and power drinking. (Yes, I know that power drinking is not a craft: It’s an art.) Thank you for the award craftcrazygran.
Here’s the award:
Here are my seven random facts:
- I had to join a union to get a summer job so technically I was once a teamster.
- I love the idea of traveling but hate travel.
- At different times in my life, I owned a Jaguar XK and a Plymouth Valiant. I think that these two vehicles cannot exist side by side.
- I have never seen a ghost, had an out-of-body experience or been abducted by aliens. Actually, I may have been abducted by aliens and they patched up the experience so thoroughly that I don’t realize it.
- I was educated as a physicist but haven’t phizzed in decades.
- I’m addicted to puns, limericks and dirty jokes.
- I have an exceedingly dry sense of humor.
And here are my other blogger recipients, all of whom I consider “lovely”:
- A Clown on Fire – http://clownonfire.wordpress.com/
- A Gripping Life – http://agrippinglife.wordpress.com/
- Diane Henders – http://blog.dianehenders.com/
- Invisible Mikey – http://invisiblemikey.wordpress.com/
- Just Making Convo – http://justmakingconvo.com/
- Margie – http://gogreygirl.wordpress.com/
- Sillyliss – http://sillyliss.com/
I would have added Harper Faulkner (http://rtewrite.wordpress.com/) but he is on a brief blogging hiatus.
They are all worth a visit.
I would thank you for the award, Curmudgeon, but I can’t stop laughing at your fact re: “phizzing”.
WHY CAN’T I STOP LAUGHING????
I’m delighted to give you the award.
I confess that the “phizzing” remark was stolen from another ex-physicist.
I’m undecided whether not phizzing for decades is a good thing or not!
Thank you so much for nominating me for this award. It is indeed an honour coming from such an esteemed curmudgeon as yourself. I will add it to my trophy cabinet and attempt to follow the rules at some point in the future.
I am delighted to nominate you and to advise you to phizz only when necessary.
A big fan myself of most of the nominees. The other ones, I’ll discover. I usually refuse, or take a “Alan Smithee” on these awards, but coming from you – and I shit you not – I might just take it….
Congratulations on the award, and thank you for the nomination! I’d guessed at your love for limericks, but I didn’t know you’re a pun-loving physicist. Now I have two more reasons to like you! 🙂
I love the idea of traveling but I hate to travel, too! haha! I liked you before, Curmudgeon, but now my feelings are much deeper. Maybe one day we can plan a trip and never go. That would be fun, right?
…and we can amuse all our friends telling them stories about the trip we never took.
Whoa. You’re a physicist. A curmudgeony physicist?
Thanks for the award nomination. Too sweet of you!