I have been blog-tagged by Book Club Babe. What, you may ask, is blog-tag? Here’s how it works:
- I must post the rules.
- I must answer the questions the tagger listed for me.
- I must create (or reuse) 11 questions for those I tag.
- I must tag 11 people.
- I must let them know they’ve been tagged.
Being a polite curmudgeon, I’ll play along by posting the rules and answering the questions.
Being a curmudgeon nonetheless, I will modify rules 3, 4 and 5 as follows.
Since the people who are on my blogroll or who follow, read or reply to my posts are all sparkling, creative, over-achievers who out-shine me with their repartee, it would be senseless for me even to attempt to come up with new questions. [I am so full of shit.] Instead, I will let you respond to any of the questions asked or create and respond to your own questions. Share your questions and answers in the comments section.
Questions posed by Book Club Babe:
1. You have been put in charge of creating a new national holiday. What’s it called, and how do we celebrate?
National Wear-Your-Underwear-on-the-Outside Day.
Celebration is self explanatory. Those who do not wear underwear must wear only underwear on that day
2. You have been given an unlimited budget to make or remake a book’s film adaptation. Which book do you choose, and who would you cast?
Although technically it was never a book, I’ll choose It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World because I feel it was never as funny as advertized.
So I would remake it with either 1) the current group of crazy comedians – Ben Stiller, Sasha Baron Cohen, Jim Carrey, Larry the Cable Guy, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, the cast of Jackass, etc. or 2) a group of actors who have never done (or should do) comedy –Ryan Gosling, Javier Bardem, Jennifer Lawrence, etc.
3. Robots have now become our personal servants, but here’s the catch. You only get one robot, and it can only do one chore. What will it be?
I would have the robot exercise for me so that I could lose and maintain weight without effort.
4. It’s stay-in-and-do-nothing-night. What’s your reality show guilty pleasure?
I’m now addicted to Pawn Stars. (I might have picked Hillbilly Handfishing but it sounds unsavory.)
5. You have been given a “Death Note” (look it up) where you can write any person’s name in it and that person will die. You can even describe their death in graphic detail. But you only can write down one name…who will it be?
No answer because I cannot restrict myself to one person. I have a lifetime of enemies.
6. Which Disney animal sidekick would you want as a friend?
I’m old school – Pluto, the dog.
7. You’re now in charge of a celebrity’s Twitter account. Who do you want to Tweet for, and what would your first Tweet be?
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.
First tweet: ∑€µ∞£≥¥α€
8. If you were a fragrance, what would you smell like?
Either Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme or
Bordeaux wine cellar.
9. If you could eat any one food and not gain weight or overall health issues, what would you eat?
Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio-Pistachio.
10. What’s the one phrase or cliché that drives you the craziest?
Look at my gravatar. Do I look like someone who wants to smile at you?
11. You’ve hit the jackpot and won a romantic evening with the sexy celebrity of your choosing, but he/she hates your favorite book. Like burned it because they just could not stand the sight of it. Proceed canoodling anyway?
Absolutely. Who wouldn’t canoodle with the sexy celebrity of your choosing?
“Are you goin’ to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Remember me to one who lives there, she once was a true love of mine.” My four favourite herbs, immortalized in song! And now I can think of it as your fragrance – heart be still!
If you knew what I really smell like, it might indeed still your heart. (I’m closer to Bordeaux wine cellar.)
I’ve been to Bordeaux and wandered through a few wine cellars – still a fairly pleasant smell!
Judging by the kids I’ve seen lately, I think it’s National Wear-Your-Underwear-On-The-Outside year. But moving right along…
#3: Dusting. I hate dusting even more than I hate cleaning toilets.
#4: Pleasure?!? If I was forced to watch reality shows, I’d chew my own wrists open.
#8: Woodsmoke and balsam poplar.
#11: Couldn’t care less. Conversation isn’t in the plan. 🙂
For number #2 I would have answered Thelma and Louise. I always felt that Thelma should have gone back and smacked the shit out of Daryll for being such a jerk of a husband, Or even better yet, locked him in the trunk and brought him along for the ride.
Having never been tagged, I’ve never answered any of these types of questions. The problem is, you took all the good answers. For instance, your answers to #3 and #5 are the ones I would have chosen as well.
#4: Ghost Hunters.
#6: I too am old school, and my first thought was Eeyore, but I wonder if he would be too much of a downer.
#7: I’d choose John Travolta, and my first Tweet would be “Yes, I admit it. I’m gay.”
#9: French fries.
#10: “Nobody ever said life was fair.” Well DUH.
#11: Hellz yeah.
Haha! Hillbilly Handfishing does indeed sound a bit unsavory.
Isn’t that funny, I always did imagine that you’d smell like Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. Thanks for confirming my hunch.
I think it will be quite difficult to top your answers. Nice job.
I gave a choice on fragrances because, while I may start out the day spicy, I end up moldy.
I’m pretty sure those are spices used to enhance Pot Roast – no doubt your natural aroma when you get simmering.
Awesome answers! I would love to celebrate National Wear-Your-Underwear-on-the-Outside Day! 🙂
The celebration exists already in the form of the No Pants Subway Ride, organized each January by the performance art troupe Improv Everywhere, in which subway riders take off their pants to ride the subway.
I’ve heard of that–sounds pretty cool!