Puns for Educated Minds is one of my most viewed posts. While I search for more groan-worthy puns, you can occupy waste your time with these educated groan-worthy jokes, courtesy of tickld. I’m sure that these jokes are the talk of any MENSA meeting.
1. It’s hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
2. What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
3. Three logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks “Do you all want a drink?”
The first logician says “I don’t know.”
The second logician says “I don’t know.”
The third logician says “Yes!”
4. Schrodinger’s cat walks into a bar. And doesn’t.
5. A Buddhist monk approaches a hotdog stand and says “Make me one with everything.”
6. A Roman walks into a bar and asks for a martinus.
“You mean a martini?” the bartender asks.
The Roman replies, “If I wanted a double, I would have asked for it!”
7. Another Roman walks into a bar, hold up two fingers and says “Five beers, please.”
8. A logician’s wife is having a baby. The doctor immediately hands the newborn to the dad.
His wife asks impatiently “So, is it a boy or a girl?”
The logician replies “Yes.”
9. Jean-Paul Satre is sitting at a French café, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness. He says to the waitress, “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.” The waitress replies, “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”
10. Entropy isn’t what it used to be.
11. How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber? Ask them to pronounce unionized.
12. Why do engineers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
13. Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Godel, and Noam Chomsky walk into a bar. Heisenberg turns to the other two and says, “Clearly this is a joke but how can we figure out if it’s funny or not?” Godel replies, “We can’t know because we’re inside the joke.” Chomsky says, “Of course, it’s funny. You’re just telling it wrong.”
14. Pavlov is sitting at a pub enjoying a pint. His phone rings and he jumps up shouting “Oh shit, I forgot to feed the dog!”
15. Helium walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says “Sorry, we don’t serve noble gases here.” He doesn’t react.
16. Einstein, Newton and Pascal are playing hide and go seek. It’s Einstein’s turn to count so he covers his eyes and starts counting to ten. Pascal runs off and hides. Newton draws a one meter by one meter square on the ground in front of Einstein then stands in the middle of it. Einstein reaches ten and uncovers his eyes. He sees Newton immediately and says “Newton! I found you! You’re it!”
Newton smiles and says “You didn’t find me, you found a Newton over a square meter. You found Pascal!”
17. A mathematician and an engineer agreed to take part in an experiment. They were both placed in a room and at the other end was a beautiful naked woman on a bed. The experimenter said every 30 seconds they would be allowed to travel half the distance between themselves and the woman. The mathematician said “this is pointless” and stormed off. The engineer agreed to go ahead with the experiment anyway. The mathematician exclaimed on his way out “Don’t you see, you’ll never reach her?” To which the engineer replied, “So what? Pretty soon I’ll be close enough for all practical purposes.”
18. A Higgs Boson walks into a church and the priest says “We don’t allow Higgs Bosons in here.” The Higgs Boson replies, “But without me, how could you have mass?
19. The programmer’s wife tells him, “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.
The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.
20. There’s a band called 1023Mb. They haven’t had any gigs yet.
#11 gets my vote, but all are funny.
Glad that they were good time wasters.
#14 is pretty funny. 🙂
You responded as Pavlov intended.
Congratulations as you are the first I’ve encountered (other than self) to use the instant rimshot. 🙂 Here’s something for your effort. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTHtWX7CCY … Enjoy.
I believe, aFrank, that you were the source of my rimshot.
Thanks for the freezin’ puns.
Sweet … and you remembered the source!
#20 – Aaaaaaagh!!!
That’s why I included a rimshot.
Damn! I can’t be crabby now. (scowls)
Oh, sure you can. Just concentrate.
One could be the life of the party with these jokes. Or get shown the door…
Love the Pavlov one!
I’m sure that one would be the life of the party if the party were held at the Math Club or the Logic Forum.
Number 11 is hysterical.
A tachyon orders a beer. A tachyon walks into a bar.
A neutrino walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Get out! We don’t serve any neutrinos in this bar.” The neutrino says, “Don’t mind me; I’m just passing through.”
Two guys walk into a bar. The third one ducks.
MENSA would approve of these.
Send check to….
#2 is my favorite
but #20 just hurts…
I try my very best to make them painful.
you succeeded. 😉