Thanks to Atlas Obscura, I have found a website that soothes a curmudgeonly mind while avoiding the current disaster called American politics. Here I found eight of the rudest places on Earth.
- Ragged Ass Road, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- Caroline Cutter Headstone in New Hampshire – a gravestone with a grudge
- Shit Fountain, Chicago, IL – a bronze coil of feces
- The Dove, London England where a typesetter committed his typeface to the Thames rather than to his partner.
- The Grudge [Al Ba’sa], Lebanon, Beirut – how to block your brother’s view.
- Classmates, San Antonio, TX – a bronze sculpture to “mansplaining.”
- The Indecent Little Man on the Church of St. James, Brno, Czechia
8. Hotel Casanus – spend a night in a giant colon!
You may read more here: https://www.atlasobscura.com/lists/rudest-places-on-earth?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=atlas-page&fbclid=IwAR0B-lbf4fBA9_xvN2f967whVyMk78lfh3_zu3PYD_dLHamxcbbgver8zTc
Thanks for the laugh.
Would like to see that sculpture to mansplaining … 🙂
…because who wouldn’t want to spend the night in a giant colon?
I believe that major hotel chains are missing an opportunity to offer a chain of Human Organ Hotels. “Yes, Madam, would you prefer the Colon, the Liver, the Heart or the Small Intestines suite?”
And now I’m imagining a week-long vacation that begins in the Mouth Suite, progresses through the Esophagus Suite to the Stomach Suite, then to the Duodenum Suite, Small Intestine Suite, Large Intestine Suite, and finally the Colon Suite. The vacation would, of course, end with a waterslide ride down to a wave pool.
Oh, good. Trump hasn’t yet wiped out all humor. Yet.
Ha! The cactus picture came up again in your header. I laugh every time I see it.
An excellent collection … Very fitting for you.