I have relatives in high places (they are smoking something in the Colorado Rockies) who provided me with a year-ending set of puns:
- The meaning of opaque is unclear.
- I wasn’t going to get a brain transplant but then I changed my mind.
- Have you ever tried to eat a clock? It’s very time-consuming.
- A man tried at assault me with milk, cream and butter. How dairy!
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I can’t put it down.
- If there was someone selling marijuana in our neighborhood, weed know about it.
- It’s a lengthy article about ancient Japanese sword fighters but I can Sumurais it for you.
- It’s not that the man couldn’t juggle, he just didn’t have the balls to do it.
- So what if I don’t know the meaning of the word ‘apocalypse’? It’s not the end of the world.
- Police were called to the daycare center. A 3-year old was resisting a rest.
- The other day I held the door open for a clown. I thought it was a nice jester.
- Need an ark to save two of every animal? I Noah guy.
- Alternative facts are aversion of the truth.
- I used to have a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
- Did you know they won’t be making yardsticks any longer?
- I used to be allergic to soap but I’m clean now.
- The patron saint of poverty is St. Nickeless.
- What did the man say when the bridge fell on him? The suspension is killing me.
- Do you have weight loss mantras? Fat chants!
- My tailor is happy to make a new pair of pants for me. Or sew it seams.
- What is a thesaurus’s favorite dessert? Synonym buns…
- A relief map shows where the restrooms are.
- There was a big paddle sale at the boat store. It was quite an oar deal
- How do they figure out the price of hammers? Per pound…
- And finally…
Shared with my son, who is a glutton for punishment. He wrote his college essay on his love for puns. Thank you, CAL!
I’ve never understood why “they” say puns are the lowest form of humour. These ones are hilarious! One of my favourites: A noble gas walks into a bar, and the bartender says, “We don’t serve your kind here.” The noble gas doesn’t react.
this says it all https://tinyurl.com/2qr8dv
It’s a tie between laughing and groaning!
A woman is on trial for beating her husband to death with his guitar collection. The judge says, “First offender?” She says, “No, first a Gibson, then a Fender!”
That last one says it all. 🙂
I’m a big fan of puns and there are quite a few here I’ve never seen before – fantastic!
Ha, these are great. Thanks for the smile and laughs. As a writer I love #21. 😄